Friday, December 15, 2006

Change of Focus

So for the past couple of years I've focused my blogging on relatively cerebral things. My plan was to capture things of interest I found on the net so I'd have a record of them. I'd also try to include some pithy comment or analysis about it, which inevitably took a fair amount of time, no doubt due as much to my being so self-conscious (i.e. prideful). So as life got busier the posts got fewer. Kind of silly since I love to write and I write pretty quickly. There's no excuse. I hope to blog more.

We'll see.

So what have I been busy doing? Well since I blogged last I visited China for the first time on a business trip. What a wild place. Gobs of people! Imagine Times Square on a busy day, but extending for miles, and you've got a glimpse of Hong Kong. 500,000 people per square mile in the heart of Mongkok, the district we stayed in. That's a lot of people. Polluted too! There's been so much industrial development in the new territories north of Hong Kong that in the fall and winter when the winds come out of the north, Hong Kong is constantly shrouded in smog blown down from cities like Shenzen. I also visited Taiwan and Shanghai.

I also went to Guatemala for the second time. Lot's more to say but its getting late.

No comments: